2 week Via road trip! Brad Nelson is the lucky winner…
I want to know if who could possibly have a more kick-in-the-pants fun job than Brad Nelson? For those who don’t know, Brad is the voice of the @Starbucks twitter profile, as well as tweeting via @StarbucksLive. Today there was a Via “Pep Rally” at the Starbucks headquarters (affectionately also known as “the SSC”, Starbucks Support Center). A small crowd of Starbucks employees gathered in the parking lot in front of the SSC, along with a small mix of media folks, and visitors to hear the University of Washington Marching Band play, and to listen to a few speakers. Then Brad Nelson and Erin Foley drove off in an orange car together, off to proselytize the good news of Via Ready Brew. Melody thinks the Fuller Brush-man invented this style of promoting wares, but in 2009 it is still a timeless thing to do. Brad took a photo of the kickoff event – Click here for his pic.
Brad and Erin are spending two weeks on the road, starting today in Seattle, heading north to Vancouver, then eastward, and ending up in New York on the national Starbucks Via launch day, September 29, 2009. They’ll be making plenty of stops along the way, and likely creating Via converts along the way. What a cool thing to do.
Why am I writing about this? Lordy, I must be a little jealous.
- Starbucks tests syrup extracts instead of sugary syrups. on
- Your Seattle Starbucks Checklist: Must-Visit Starbucks on
- Why do you go to Starbucks less often? (If that’s true for you) on
- A unique Starbucks in Orange, California – Store #5511 on
- Use your Starbucks birthday reward on your birthday: One day only (Used to be 4 days). on