Starbucks Partner: Riki Yamada in Los Angeles (Proof positive that it’s a very small Starbucks world.)
I saw something on the Starbucks Facebook page yesterday that really struck my eye. It was a post about a Los Angeles-area partner named Riki Yamada. Every Facebook page has a “posts by others” section, and I think that’s often the most interesting area to browse. (My own Facebook page has it too).
Here’s the post:
So when I saw that post on Facebook, here’s the random array of thoughts that went through my head:
- ‘Hey that’s Riki Yamada! I know him!’
- ‘Proof that many customers like sunshiny partners – Riki is that all the time! I have met him!’
- ‘Proof positive that it’s a very small Starbucks world. I am amazed how I can stumble upon Facebook posts talking about partners I know when there are something like 200,000 partners.’
I have known Riki Yamada from Twitter since about when I first started on Twitter, in 2008. At one point he was working at a drive-through store in Orange County, and I swung by and met him in person when I was on a trip home to California.
I wonder if others reading this also have that feeling, or think, ‘It’s a small Starbucks world – I know that person!‘?
Congrats to Riki for making a customer’s day so much so that she shared about it on Facebook!
(If you are interested, I have a category called “Spotlight on Partners” which is more articles where I’ve highlighted specific partners.)
- Starbucks Ends Free Drink Coupon: Now $4 Off Your Next Purchase. on
- Use your Starbucks birthday reward on your birthday: One day only (Used to be 4 days). on
- Starbucks Caffé Verona Through the Years. on
- Starbucks to forever close experimental Roy Street store: Get there before 4/28/2019 on
- A major revamp of your drink recipe: Testing syrup extracts and cane sugar on