Take This Starbucks Quiz! How much do you know about Starbucks?
Today (January 22, 2015), Starbucks announced their first fiscal 2015 quarterly financial data. Anyone can stream these investor conferences at investor.Starbucks.com.
Howard’s portion of the investor conference call was dense with information. I wondered how much of this trivia you already knew! Try your hand at this quiz I created – every single one of the answers comes from Howard’s presentation today on the 22nd.
How many MyStarbucksRewards gold card members are there?
- 2 million
- 4.1 million
- 12 million
- 5.5 million
- 7 million
What single city has the largest number of Starbucks stores?
- New York City
How many Starbucks stores does the city with the most Starbucks locations have?
What is the largest Starbucks market outside of the United States?
What percent (roughly) of total payment tender in the U.S. is with the Starbucks mobile app?
- 9 percent
- 22 percent
- 2 percent
- 16 percent
- 10 percent
What is NOT a future concept or idea mentioned by Howard that customers could see in 2015 (and beyond):
- A pilot project around express locations in New York, which will offer stream-lined food and beverage offerings.
- Starbucks introduction of delivery – either by baristas or 3rd party vendors
- Mobile order and pay via the Starbucks app for over 600 pacific northwest stores in the coming months, and then nationally, later in 2015.
- The ability to use your My Starbucks Rewards stars to buy Alaska Airlines miles, in a new partnership with Alaska Airlines.
- Starbucks is planning another Roastery in Asia in 2016.
Which one IS something that Howard says is one of the most important business drivers?
- New juices in stores everywhere via Evolution Fresh juices.
- The Verismo is the number one coffee cup category – accelerating sales in stores and channel development.
- MyStarbucksRewards is one of the most important business drivers as new members not only contribute short term increases revenue and profit but also long-term loyalty for years to come.
- New Frappuccino flavors coming soon, such as butterscotch, lemon pie, and roasted salted pecan.
How many My Starbucks Rewards members are there?
- 19 million
- 4 million
- 21 million
- 11 million
- 9 million
What store has had the strongest opening in the 40+ history of the company, exceeding expectations?
- The Roastery.
- Downtown Disney, in Anaheim, California
- The Ballard Shipping Container Starbucks.
- The Starbucks in Disney, in Orlando.
- The Allure of the Seas Starbucks.
Which of the following is something the Starbucks Reserve Roastery is not expected to support now or in the future?
- New Branding for the Reserve Brand.
- Sourcing, Roasting, and providing premium small-lot Reserve coffee for ultimately 1, 500 Reserve stores.
- New small pizza lunch items for Starbucks stores all across the Pacific Northwest.
- Support and delivering coffee for approximately 100 super-premium Reserve stores.
How many K-cups did Starbucks ship in December 2014?
- 2 million
- 40 million
- 100 million
I think it’s a fun little quiz. Feel free to email me if you are stumped on one of these!
You can find the answers here – enter in the password StarbucksMelodyBlog in order to be able to read that post.
So I want to know – how did you do? How many of the 10 questions did you get right? 🙂
8 or more right: Give yourself the “knowledgeable” Green Apron Card! You know your Starbucks facts.
6 or 7 right: Good job, though you could brush up on your Starbucks knowledge!
4 or 5 right: Ah hem. You need to study up a little more and probably go to Starbucks more often.
below 4 right: Failing score. Perhaps you should consider subscribing to StarbucksMelody.com (enter your email address in the left side column) to keep up on all the latest Starbucks news!
@Michelle Thank you!! I wonder how people are doing on this “quiz”??
i got roughly 7 right. I liked this entry helped test your knowledge
Good work Rachel!! 7 is good. Some were a little hard! Glad you enjoyed the quiz.
8/10! It definitely helped that I remembered a few of the numbers given by my District Manager from the DM Leadership conference in Seattle. And the quiz was really fun, and I definitely hope that there are more to come in the future.
7.5/10! 😉 I absolutely should have got 8/10 because my first instinct was to say the Roastery…I changed my mind and knew I was going to be wrong when I changed!
I missed the first one, thinking it was 4.1 and I missed the K-cup one…thought it was 40 million. So…I was close! AND I didn’t even read or listen to the call yet!
This quiz was fun, Melody! Great post 🙂
This is great Mel!
I got 9/10! 🙂
I had used a couple of these for my Starbucks weekly trivia. I will use others now! Thank You!
I wish you well 🙂 Aymee
@Aymee – That’s the highest score I’ve seen yet! Nicely done! Thank you for the comment!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- DEVIN on Compostable Straws Land in Seattle Starbucks Stores
- coffeebeanz on Why do you go to Starbucks less often? (If that’s true for you)
- Willi on You can now buy a Siren statue: $6,000
- Willi on A major revamp of your drink recipe: Testing syrup extracts and cane sugar
- Skip on Why do you go to Starbucks less often? (If that’s true for you)
Awesome interactive way to highlight the facts from Howard. Thanks for being so creative Melody.