What is your favorite non-coffee beverage at Starbucks? Over 30 of your replies!
When summer comes, I start ordering a large variety of beverages at Starbucks. I like iced Tazo tea, iced chai, and even sometimes a Frappuccino. Of course, I do like iced coffee too I wondered what is your favorite non-coffee beverage at Starbucks? There is an incredible amount of choice in drinks that don’t contain coffee. Actually, I am always a little surprised when people say to me, “I don’t go to Starbucks because I don’t drink coffee.”
This morning (May 26, 2012) I tweeted that question, wondering what kind of answers I’d get. What is your favorite non-coffee beverage? Here’s what a few people on twitter said:
- Kristina tweeted, “Chai Latte, green tea latte, and green tea lemonade.”
- Ensanguin wrote, “The frozen strawberry lemonade! Tastes just like a strawberry starburst. Soooooooo yummy!“
- Sarah Andrews, who is a very Starbucks-passionate partner in Canada, likes the black tea: “Iced Venti One Pump Classic Black Tea Lemonade! I am addicted! You?“
- Earl Dizon picked these beverages: “Probably a vanilla roibus latte or a vanilla frappuccino with hazelnut, whipped cream and chocolate drizzle.”
- Adam Gears likes a “Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with a Banana in it.” By the way, I have tried that many times and it is delicious. If you blend in some honey, it’s even better.
- Briana Saunders has her own favorite blended creation involving some tea and apple juice: “Ohhh, my fave is my own creation: passion tea, a little green tea & apple juice. Also love blended strawberry lemonade.“
- Darkkatpouncing replied, “ooh…my fav non coffee drink at sbux has to be the “sugar free” iced chai latte 🙂
#yummy!” I’ve never tried the sugar-free version of the Chai beverage, but if you’re interested, Starbucks recently posted (in their blogs) an official “how to” order a sugar free Tazo Chai beverage.
- April tweeted this for her favorite beverage: “favorite noncoffee drink at Starbucks: passion tea lemonade.” That’s a great standard. I drink plenty of those in the summer! Just as an aside, April produces a blog about coffee with a strong interest in Starbucks. Click here to read April’s blog.
- Kenneth‘s favorite beverage is the “strawberry banana Vivanno smoothie.”
- Marc Flores tweeted at me, “I’m sipping on a Soya Chai Creme Frappuccino.”
- Tammy tweeted these drinks as her faves: “Sweetened iced passion fruit tea and Iced Chai Latte with soy are my afternoon choices.”
- Danny tweeted that his favorite drink is the “earl grey tea latte!“
- Amalia likes this one! “the strawberry blended lemonade with one pump of raspberry. Delish and refreshing. Or just a blended passion tea (tea,water,ice).” I don’t think I’ve ever tried just blending the passion tea, but I might have to give that a try!
- Jason has both a warm weather and a cold weather pick: “Cold weather, Earl Grey Tea Latte. Warm weather, Passion Tea Lemonade and/or smoothie (either fruit, no choc) with matcha.”
- Here is Marc‘s favorite: “Chai latté hands down, green tea lemonade if it’s really hot out, and the kid’s hot choc is a big winner with my little one.”
- David, a great partner in a store not far from me, tweeted that this is his favorite drink: “Passion Tea Lemonade no classic 3 pump Raz.”
- Gabby G. recently tried this drink and liked it: “I had an iced Earl Grey latte the other day. It was excellent! I’d like to try more of their non-Chai lattes.”
- Janie picked these drinks as her favorites: “vanilla bean with soy; shaken non-sweetened passion iced tea.”
- Krista loves the chai latte. She seems unaware that there is coffee at Starbucks. 😉 She tweeted, “Wait….they sell other beverages?? J/k, love the chai latte!“
- Janel, like so many others with great taste, is a fan of the passion tea lemonade. She tweeted, “Passion ice tea lemonade…. Nice and refreshing!“
- Here are Dee‘s favorite drinks: “I love the soy chai lattes and double chocately chip fraps 🙂“
- Sharee is a fan of the black tea lemonade. “Black ice tea with lemonade unsweetened ahhh my fav.“
- Frank likes iced tea too: “shaken iced tea lemonade sweetened trenta.”
- Si Wong has his own twist on the well-loved iced passion tea: ” iced venti unsweetened splash of strawberry at the bottom passion tea lemonade !“
- Jess has a favorite beverage that is a little bit confusing to tweet in 140 characters. Does sound delicious though! “A coconut, soy orange-mango cream frapp (made like a STCF but with the orange-mango juice instead). No classic, with coconut.” She is one awesome partner too!
- I think Passion Tea Lemonade got the most tweets. Here is Amanda‘s favorite non-coffee beverage: “Passion Tea Lemonade!“
- Casey votes for the black tea, and tweeted, “The black iced tea is the best around. I consider myself a black tea connoisseur.“
- Ms. CL tweeted this: “Raspberry lemonade.“
- Rose S. tweeted that she likes a “Venti Iced Tea Black.“
- Betina tweeted this: “Our family are big hot chocolate fans! Extra whip :).” I do like Starbucks hot chocolate! I tend to order it a little more often in the winter than summer.
- Caroline‘s favorite non-coffee drink is the “Caramel Apple Spice.” Follow Caroline on twitter for legal tweets!
- And here is what Lisa R. tweeted at me, “Nothing like Starbucks ice water w lots of ice.
#nojoke. They make good ice! #healthy Maybe an idea brewing here?!“
- Here’s Blair‘s favorite non-coffee drink: “iced grande caramel soy tazo chai tea latte.“
One of my favorite non-coffee drinks is the iced soy chai latte with about an inch (or a little less) of soy foam on top of it. It’s sort of the cocoa cappuccino version of an iced chai. I really do drink a variety of beverages but I am hooked on this one.
The partner who introduced me to the iced soy chai latte with foam was featured nearly three years ago in this blog post here! She’s is still one very awesome partner!
Thank you to the many people who replied to me on twitter. I was totally (and happily) overwhelmed with the number of replies that I got. I had lots of fun reading everyone’s favorite drink! I hope you did too – and maybe it gave you a few ideas of something new to try.
Without a doubt, if you use Twitter, I recommend that you follow everyone above!
The image of the coconut creme Frappuccino was borrowed from the Starbucks newsroom website. Did you know that when the creme-based Frappuccino was introduced into the lineup in 2002, that the coconut flavor was one of the original flavors?
- Starbucks tests syrup extracts instead of sugary syrups. on
- Get Fresh-Roasted Starbucks Reserve Coffee Delivered to Your Doorstep on
- Starbucks opens Princi Bakery: Delish & high quality. on
- Buy One Get One Free – Holiday Drinks now through the 13th! (2 PM – 5 PM) on
- Starbucks opens Princi Bakery: Delish & high quality. on