It’s that time of year. Starbucks sends out lovely emails telling people they’ve made it to another year of Gold card status! When I got mine in the an email form, I had to actually wonder for a second if I had earned 30 stars between January 1st and January 6th? Sure it’s possible. Bonus star promotions always double the star fun. And it is true, I walk out my front door and there are about 30 Starbucks (and one Teavana, one Evolution Fresh, and one Roy Street) all within a two mile radius of home. 30 Stars. 30 Starbucks. Coincidence? I think not.
Oh but I felt a heartache and pain for Ms. Alena. She lost her Gold Card status.
There was nothing I could do for poor Alena. I was pretty sure that I had managed to average about 90 stars a month last year. My hands were tied though. I could see no way on Starbucks.com to donate some of my massive Star-Wealth to Ms. Alena. I thought, there must be some other way? No? I looked at the idea of YouCaring.com but alas, that appears to deal in real money, and not Stars!
Dear Alena. I write this in response to you. I can only hope that next year you’ll receive such a cheery and comforting email as this one:
Until then, I shall mourn for you.
/Tongue in Cheek
(Written for Alena Dillon)
- Starbucks to forever close experimental Roy Street store: Get there before 4/28/2019 on
- Why do you go to Starbucks less often? (If that’s true for you) on
- Use your Starbucks birthday reward on your birthday: One day only (Used to be 4 days). on
- Beautiful Siren Art Work at the Roastery on
- Collecting Starbucks Bearista Bears on