Better Espresso Machines Coming to Starbucks Stores
Starbucks has been testing a new espresso machine for a long time: This new machine is the Mastrena II, and it is beginning to show up to in a large number of stores.
The machine has a low profile, three coffee bean hoppers and other features making it an improvement on the earlier versions of the Mastrena espresso machines. I’ve heard baristas say to me things like, “I like that I can pull 3 shots at once – it saves time.” And I’ve heard baristas say, “The coffee ground drawer is bigger so it doesn’t need to be emptied as often.” The big obvious plus is the three hoppers. No more putting the blonde roast into the decaf espresso hopper.
Best of all, some baristas have raved at how the shots are improved.
I don’t know how much of the above is true, but it sure seems like the new Mastrenas are an improvement over the older ones. The shear fact that it has 3 hoppers is a big win.
It’s pretty sleek looking too.
What do you think? Have you seen these at stores near you?
- The 1992 Starbucks Corporation Annual Report: The first report online with letter to Shareholders from Howard on
- Better Espresso Machines Coming to Starbucks Stores on
- Peace, Love, Coffee Reusable Cup now at Starbucks (And a lesson on your 10 cents off discount). on
- The Reserve Store Starbucks: Large, Unique and Exotic on
- 10 bonus Starbucks Rewards stars for the store survey! on