Digital Tipping at Starbucks: Starting March 19th, tip with your iPhone.
Beginning on March 19, 2014, you can add a tip for your barista via your iPhone mobile phone app. Make sure you’re using the iPhone app to pay for your purchases. If you don’t already use a Starbucks card, load money on a Starbucks card, register it on Starbucks.com, and download the iPhone app.
The new iPhone app adds a “shake to pay” feature, meaning that you simply shake your device to bring up a payment screen. You’ll still be able to use your phone to keep track of your rewards and special offers, and redeem them too.
If you want to leave a tip, you have a two-hour window from the time of purchase to select a tip amount of either 50 cents, one dollar, or two dollars. Of course, you can pick the “no tip” option too.
Here’s the new tipping screen:
Get ready for Wednesday, March 19th! You will be able to tip with your iPhone!
What do you think? Are you going to use this new feature? I would if I could, but I use an Android phone. Even if you’re not using an iPhone, I’m sure that baristas will still appreciate cash in the jar by the register. 🙂
Also just as a reminder, if you register a Starbucks card, you’ll enroll yourself in MyStarbucksRewards which will get you lots of great discounts and you’ll eventually earn free beverage (or food) rewards.
- Starbucks tests syrup extracts instead of sugary syrups. on
- Your Seattle Starbucks Checklist: Must-Visit Starbucks on
- Why do you go to Starbucks less often? (If that’s true for you) on
- A unique Starbucks in Orange, California – Store #5511 on
- Use your Starbucks birthday reward on your birthday: One day only (Used to be 4 days). on