Missed out on unicorns? Now there’s Narwhals and Mermaids!
Did you miss out on the chance to try the Unicorn Frappuccino? Well you can still try the Narwhal and the Mermaid Frappuccinos!
The Narwhal is a pink Starburst-like flavor with strawberry lemonade, vanilla bean powder and whipped cream:
How to order the Narwhal:
- Ask for a blended strawberry lemonade, add vanilla bean powder, and finish with whipped cream on top.
This is a simple yet delicious treat!
Next up is the Mermaid Frappuccino:
For the Mermaid Frappuccino, here’s what you need to know:
- Ask for a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, add 3 scoops of blackberry inclusions for a Grande size. (You can tell the register barista you’re ordering the Pokeman Go Frappuccino, no raspberry syrup.
- The tricky part is the drizzle. I’m afraid that most stores will be reluctant to make this for one drink. The drizzle is 8 pumps white mocha, 3 cbs pumps toasted coconut, and 3 scoops matcha.
- If your store doesn’t want to make the drizzle, ask to have it topped with matcha on the whipped cream – you’ll still get a great drink!
The Mermaid Frappuccino is a great idea for stores that are looking for a “barista creation” to show off!
This is really good! Lots of berry flavor with a fun look and sweetness from the drizzle.
The inventor of both of the above drinks is Jocelyn, also know as the TheModernBarista.com. Credit goes to her for photos and recipes!
We’re gearing up for Frappuccino Happy Hour which officially starts on May 5th.
I’m going to be giving you lots of Frappuccino ideas! Let me get you thinking about Frappuccinos: You could try the “Lemon Slush” Frappuccino. Last fall, Starbucks gave you the Frappula Frappuccino, which you can still order if you know the recipe. The Blackberry Cobbler is still an excellent Frappuccino idea – Ask for a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with blackberry inclusions, and ask to add chai sauce blended in also. I suggest the Blackberry Cobbler as a double blended Frappuccino. Be sure to read this article for tips on ordering “secret” Frappuccinos: You will need to know how to order your drink!
I know that some baristas aren’t fans of making Frappuccinos. That might be the case but they aren’t going away. I always joke that the Roastery was built on the backs of many green straws. America likes Frappuccinos!
I’m going to have more Frappuccino news for you coming soon next week!
- Starbucks tests syrup extracts instead of sugary syrups. on
- Your Seattle Starbucks Checklist: Must-Visit Starbucks on
- Why do you go to Starbucks less often? (If that’s true for you) on
- A unique Starbucks in Orange, California – Store #5511 on
- Use your Starbucks birthday reward on your birthday: One day only (Used to be 4 days). on